Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fiddler's Frolic 2011

Well it was that time of year again.  I remember when I was younger how much we looked forward to Fiddler's Frolic weekend.  Cajun night on Friday, Dance Saturday night after a long day of BBQ and recovery Sunday with MORE BBQ.  Now the weekend looks a little different for me.  With the kids in a stage this year where they want to just run and play it was actually nice I could let them go, and at the same time tiring from all the "chase".  I look forward to the year where we actually join in the cooking and camping.  It was so great seeing all of MY old friends, but most of all I loved watching my little girl making and running off with HER own friends. 

It didn't take long for one of Alli's school friends to find our set-up, and sweep Alli away.  Poor Colt just wanted to tag along.  I spent most of the time chasing him down as he decided to check out all the BBQ sites all by himself!

Saturday listening to the music:




The Tim Hall Band played Sunday and we sat under the pavilion listening to great music before the BBQ winners were announced.  Alli and Colt had SO MUCH FUN! I got some great pics and even a video or two of them listening, dancing, and just playing around the stage.  







Break time with Nana

Not sure who is leading who?




 Monkey see, Monkey do...

Colt showed his interest in the instruments but when he found those drums I think he found his match! 


Alli and her friend from school Kara
Playing Ring Around the Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment