Sunday, April 17, 2011

Clean Up

Upon moving back home this past summer, we decided that Scooter's parent's old place would be the perfect place to build in the future. We knew we had a lot of cleaning up in our future.  Clean up days started with scrap metal, tearing down old buildings and barns, and you can see below what we had to do with the old house that was falling to pieces.

During the first days of cleaning we came across a few snakes.  My first snake story involves me running out to our storage to grab something, stepping gout of the car and shortly running to the back of the car and crawling into the passenger side door. This occurred after I stepped on top of a HUGE chicken snake.

The second snake story involving me again..... happened after I stepped off a piece of tin.  Scooter told me to keep walking and was yelling at Bella to stay away.  Next thing I know scooter tells me the snake is following me.  You can only imagine what I looked like running through metal, tin and brush just to get away from a snake.

Here are some pictures if what Scooter found throughout the days of clean-up.

I swore this was the first snake I stepped on but it was not the only large one found. 





This was a green snake that Scooter found in the hot dirt after clean up.  we think it is just a very large grass snake. 

There were about 4 other snakes and a small den he found but they surely are gone now.  


See what we did.......


Watch the clean up on the best day......

BEFORE.......


First Allen had to get the house from between the tree and the car port (both of which were staying)








 He slowly and carefully tried to push it without it completely falling apart so it could go straight into the hole that was dug. 




You can see here that it may not have worked out the best.  Allen accidentally drove through the kitchen when the wall gave away. 



It went right in and he got it packed well so it could be burned.  


After pictures to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment